1898 view looking northeast from the present-day site of Dodger Stadium on Mount Lookout. The landform in the middle of the photograph is Cemetery Ravine, so called because the Roman Catholic Calvary Cemetery once rested at its mouth. Calvary Cemetery and the human remains buried there were later moved to East Los Angeles to make way for Cathedral High School, and between 1959 and 1962 giant earthmovers filled in the ravine — once also known as Cañada de los Muertos — to create the Dodger Stadium parking lot.
Part of the California Historical Society Collection in the USC Digital Library.

1898 view looking northeast from the present-day site of Dodger Stadium on Mount Lookout. The landform in the middle of the photograph is Cemetery Ravine, so called because the Roman Catholic Calvary Cemetery once rested at its mouth. Calvary Cemetery and the human remains buried there were later moved to East Los Angeles to make way for Cathedral High School, and between 1959 and 1962 giant earthmovers filled in the ravine — once also known as Cañada de los Muertos — to create the Dodger Stadium parking lot.

Part of the California Historical Society Collection in the USC Digital Library.